ur referral list shows family child care providers who are fully accredited by the City of Madison and who currently have openings.
To receive our referral list instantly vie email, fill out this electronic request form.
If you have trouble, just send an email to email@example.com and we'll send you the list. When you request the list, please tell us for how many hours a week you need care, for how many children, and what ages they are. If you prefer to receive the list by mail, call 608-729-1195.
There is no charge for referrals to Satellite providers. See our tips on Choosing a Provider and our Questions about Child Care page for help with common child care issues.
For more about our accredited providers, in their own words, see our Who Are Our Providers? page. Read What Families Say About Satellite.
- A low child-to-provider ratio, usually between 3 and 8 children per caregiver
- A comfortable home setting
- A consistent child care provider
- Individualized attention for children
- One-on-one provider/parent communication
- Care in a family child care program that is closely monitored through regular visits from our trained consultants
- Assistance in finding the right home care location and fit for your child’s specific needs, age, and personality
- Information about child care tuition assistance
- Periodic newsletters and email updates
- Opportunities to meet, socialize with, learn from, and exchange information with other parents
- Participation and leadership opportunities, including board and committee membership
- City accreditation consultation and advice
- Assistance in starting and maintaining a quality family child care business.
- Home visits by professional consultants for technical assistance and support.
- Business support, including information on record keeping and forms for enrolling families such as yours.
- Continuing education opportunities, CPR classes, and an annual family child care conference.
- A support network of professional providers.
- Qualified substitutes to care for your child when needed.
- Professional growth opportunities, including support with national accreditation.
- Use of Satellite's large lending inventory of childcare equipment (portable cribs, strollers, highchairs, etc.), units (a collection of materials centered on a theme for your child’s enjoyment, stimulation, and learning), and play equipment.
Read What Providers Say About Satellite. See our Family Services page.
Funding for those who qualify is available from the following sources:
The State of Wisconsin's child care subsidy program is Wisconsin Shares, which is administered by Wisconsin Works, or "W-2." Because funding is administered by county W-2 agencies, it is often referred to as "county funding."
The Office of Community Services offers child care subsidies.
The University of Wisconsin Madison Office of Child Care and Family Resources offers financial assistance to income eligible student parents who have the greatest need for child care through the Child Care Tuition Assistance Program (CCTAP).